From the Team That Changed the Way Data is Used to Win Elections
Today’s announcement has been two years in the making.
The Civis Analytics team was born out of the Obama 2012 campaign headquarters in a monitor-filled back room known affectionately as “The Cave” – a group of scientists and engineers that used data to change the way modern political campaigns are run.
Backed by Google Chairman Eric Schmidt, they built on that success and formed a company that aimed to help do the same thing for businesses and non-profits, namely to provide comprehensive technology for data science that would truly reveal what an organization’s data was saying. And so, over the course of the past two years, nearly 100 Civis data scientists and engineers have been hand-building an easy-to-use data science platform that’s fast and powerful enough to rise to the occasion – making it possible for any organization, big or small, to take control of its data and put it to work.
Meet Civis: The one-stop, ready-to-use data science platform in the cloud that’s going to change how modern organizations make decisions.
“Faced with an abundance of data, many organizations struggle to leverage it,” said Dan Wagner, Founder and CEO of Civis Analytics. “With Civis, these organizations can now easily unify their data, learn from it, build predictive models off it, and leverage it into truly data-driven decisions.”
From data synchronization, to predictive modeling, to collaborative data-visualization. Civis offers everything needed for great data science from start to finish, all in one place. It’s already being used by client partners such as Airbnb, Discovery Communications, and Ethical Electric, informing smart, data-driven decisions across their organizations.
“Airbnb is a growing community, and Civis’ cloud-based platform helps us understand our data and improve engagement through the power of easy-to-use data science tools,” said John Baldo, Director of Community Mobilization at Airbnb.
Here’s what Civis lets you do:
- Unify: Get your data out of silos and into one place with integrations from external databases, CRMs like Salesforce, and even messy flat files.
- Match and Explore: Let our matching algorithms do the work to build a 360-degree view of your customer relationship data, then explore what it’s telling you in a fast Amazon Redshift database.
- Predict: With all your data in one place, leverage our cutting-edge machine learning algorithms to surface your organization’s best insights and opportunities.
- Share: Create custom, shareable visualizations with Tableau or build them from the ground-up with your own D3. Then, share them with the right people in your organization.
- Take action: Armed with new insights, use Civis’ schedulable data exports to put your findings back into your CRM or database, and into the hands of the teams ready to act on them.
About Civis Analytics
Civis Analytics makes data-driven strategy possible for all organizations. Founded in 2013, Civis Analytics was born out of President Obama’s reelection campaign in 2012. Today, it enables a fast-growing and diverse group of both public and private sector clients to benefit from the power of data. Whether with our services or the Civis data science platform, Civis Analytics unlocks data science for organizations of all sizes with data scientists and analysts of all levels.